It is extremely important to stay connected with the Internet these days. But at the same time, it’s a highly saturated and overwhelming world. So much information floats past us on a daily basis it’s a wonder that we can absorb it all. With so many options for providers, modems, cables, and so on it can be a Herculean task to simply pick out a single item. That’s why I’m going to compare a couple of modems to give you some pertinent details to help you with that task. So, let’s get started with Netgear CM600 vs. ArrisSurfborad SB6190.
It’s important to note that both Netgear and Arris make quality modems, so it doesn’t come down to a simple brand name choice. Both the CM600 and SB6190 support DOCSIS 3.0, IPv4, IPv6, and most Windows and OS X systems. You will run into largely the same system and compatibility issues with each model, making it difficult to judge based on those criteria. Furthermore, both modems boast one-gigabit speeds, making for lightning quick transfers and download speeds.
The most notable difference in the two items is their prices. The Netgear CM600 is the cheaper of the two, but the Arris Surfboard SB6190 is not so much more expensive and to make it outside the reasonable price range. The SB6190 also has the advantage of more download streams and upload streams than the CM600.
Netgear CM600 Vs Arris Surfboard SB6190
|Netgear CM600||Arris Surfboard SB6190|
|Key features||- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Approximately $120/year savings
- Up to 960Mbps modem speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed gaming
- Certified to work with cable Internet providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Bright House Networks, and more (Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services) , Fast self-activation for XFINITY customers - Get connected without a service call
- 24x8 channel bonding enables up to 960 Mbps download speeds,Gigabit Ethernet port for faster access and downloads
- Modem needs a router||- Works with Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Charter and MOST Small Regional Cable Providers
- 32 DOWNLOAD & 8 UPLOAD channels to future proof your modem as your Cable ISP enhances service offerings
- Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time. 2 Year Warranty
- Wired modem only, does NOT include WIFI Router or VOIP Telephone adapter. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or Router for fast downloads|
|Customer Rating||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||4.5 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||Save Money Please click here||Save 18% Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Keeping this in mind it’s hard to pick a winner in the great battle between Netgear CM600 vs. ArrisSurfborad SB6190. The two products are pretty evenly matched in most pertinent areas, making this battle a definite draw. The Netgear CM600 might be the right product for you if you want all the power and speed, but want to save a few dollars, whereas the Arris Surfboard SB6190 might be better for networks with a large amount of upload and download traffic.