Are you a dedicated gamer who love racing games? If so, then you are most probably looking for a decent racing wheel controller for your gaming system at the moment. You may have heard about Logitech G27 and Logitech G29, and you are now wondering which model that makes the better choice. Logitech G29 is newer than Logitech G27, but the prices can quite differ. The number of reviews and comparisons about these products is also very small, making it hard for you to determine how good each model is. But, don’t worry, buddy, because you can find one here along with the recommendation about which model that you should choose.
The designs and layouts of Logitech G29 are quite different from Logitech G27. Now, Logitech G29 has all the buttons and the directional pad on the wheel, as opposed to Logitech G27 that has the directional pad and eight buttons on a separate shifter, while there are six more buttons on the rim. Furthermore, Logitech G29 also comes with the Driving Force GT style dial and plus/minus buttons. However, the overall looks of Logitech G29 are not so better than Logitech G27 because of the plastic parts.
Logitech G29 brings some improvement in control compared to Logitech G27. First of all, it has a modified brake that is getting harder to press at the tip-in, and reaches the stop at halfway. The brake is soft to start but harder at the finish, making it more realistic and brings more intuitive control. Then, Logitech G29’s paddle shifters have ¼” shorter throw with a little more dampening. Logitech G27 has a ½” throw. Logitech G29 feels better due to being more dampened. It has less clang and a more proper click.
One unfortunate thing about Logitech G29 is that the driver profiler no longer has the sliders to adjust Spring, Dampening, and Force Feedback. In addition, Logitech G29 does not have full functionality on PS3 and instead operates like a DFGT. However, Logitech G29 works well on PS4 and PC. For your information, Logitech G27 works on PS3 and PC but does not work on PS4.
Logitech G29 Vs G27
|Logitech G29||Logitech G27|
|Key features||- The definitive sim racing wheel for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3: Realistic steering and pedal action for the latest racing titles
- Built to last: Durable solid steel ball bearings, stainless steel shifter and pedals and hand-stitched leather wheel grip
- Dual-motor force feedback: Realistically simulates the racing experience with smooth, quiet helical gearing
- Easy-access game controls: On-wheel D-pad, console buttons, paddle shifters and LED indicator lights||- The powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism with helical gearing smoothly and accurately simulates traction loss
- Six-speed shifter with push-down reverse gear allows you to quickly choose exactly the right gear
- RPM/shift indicator LEDs integrate with racing game software to indicate when the user should shift gears
- Realistic 11-Inch wheel with leather-wrapped rim provides a more comfortable, true-to-life racing experience for hours on end|
|Customer Rating||4.1 out of 5.0 stars||4.4 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||Save 19% Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Most probably, the primary consideration is whether you are going to use the wheel on PS3 or PS4. For PS3, Logitech G27 is the way. For PS4, Logitech G29 is the way. However, for PC, we recommend you to choose Logitech G27 for the better adjustability.