The GoPro Hero3 cameras are an improvement over the Hero2 series. Released into the market in 2012, the Hero3 cameras became instant competitors to their predecessors in a variety of ways. Within the Hero3 series are also varieties including the white, silver and black cameras with not only color but also feature differences. Only Hero3 white vs silver makes have been featured in this article.
Like their predecessors, Hero3 white and silver cameras are compact with a 42mm by 60mm body size, but a reduced thickness of only 20mm depth. This translates to a 30 percent reduction in size and 25 percent weight. Their inbuilt Wi-Fi sets them apart from the other Hero cameras as this enables remote control of the gadgets using the GoPro application. By the use of a mobile phone or a tablet with this software, the Hero3 camera content can easily be shared on platforms like twitter or facebook. Additionally, these cameras offer superior video quality including 1080p30, 960p30 and 720p60 videos. In addition to these, the silver camera can record 960p 48fp videos. Hero3 white and silver cameras are waterproof and can, therefore, be even used in extreme weather conditions. See also : GoPro Hero2 vs Hero3.
User experience is highly enhanced by including an optional touch screen at the back of the Hero3 cameras. The Hero3 cameras also come with various mounting accessories which make it possible to mount on gear and even the helmet. Additionally, various photo modes enable selection of single, Time Lapse or Burst photos. Hero3 white and silver cameras also offer a wider viewing angle than their competitors thanks to the ultra wide-angle lens.
Hero3 White Vs Silver
|Hero3 White||Hero3 Silver|
|Key features||- Professional quality video capture in 1080p 30fps, 960p 30 fpts, 720p 60 fps, and WVGA 60 fps
- Built in Wi-Fi compatible with the GoPro app for Smartphones/Tablets; as well as the Wi-Fi remote (available seperatly)
- Compatible with LCD Touch BacPac, and 2nd generation Battery Bacpac, as well as backward compatible with all older generation bacpacs
- 5 MP photos with 3 fps burst mode, and time lapse at .5, 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 second intervals
- 131'/ 40m Waterproof Housing with integrated flat lense housing||- Professional 1080p 30 fps, 960p 48 fps, and 720p 60 fps and WVGA 240 fps video capture
- 11MP photo capture with 10 frames per second burst
- Wi-Fi built-in, and compatible with Wi-Fi remote (sold separatly) and GoPro App (free)
- 197-Feet / 60m Waterproof Housing
- Basic mounts and hardware included for attaching to helmets, gear, and more|
|Customer Rating||4.4 out of 5.0 stars||3.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save money
please click here||save money
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Whereas the hero3 white vs silver cameras share most features, the silver camera offers higher quality images and can attain 10 frames per second compared to the three frames attainable by the white camera. Depending on your desired application for the camera, however, you will find the Hero3 a reliable gadget.