Garmin Nuvi devices are navigational aids that do very well at their main task and offer an array of additional features. The Nuvi 2555LMT is the 2012 model while the Nuvi 2557LMT is the 2013 model and they are very similar (read : Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT vs 2595LMT). Despite the similarities, there are key differences to consider when it comes to choosing one of these units. Let’s have a look at the Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT vs 2557LMT.
Since these two devices are one year and one generation apart, it is important to note the difference in prices. You will undoubtedly find the 2555LMT at a much lower price than the 2557LMT. The 2555LMT supports audiobook playback, something the 2557LMT lacks. This added feature will help those interesting in audiobooks to pass the time on long journeys. The 2555LMT also has enhanced pedestrian navigation to guide you while walking around town. This model also has photo navigation, a feature which allow you to navigate to geotagged photos.
Although the 2555LMT has a nice set of features, the 2557LMT is clearly the superior model. The device introduced several new features that are lacking from the previous model. The 2557LMT displays the name of the street you are currently on in addition to the usual instructions on how to get to your destination. This feature is not available on the 2555LMT and I can see where this can be very useful. Additionally, the 2557LMT has the Bird’s Eye junction view which provides an overhead view of an area for better navigation. Perhaps the best feature of the 2557LMT is Garmin Real Directions. This human like voice navigation system not only gives you the distance and the name of your next turn but also provides recognizable landmarks, buildings, traffic lights and lane positioning advice. This helps in navigational accuracy and reduces the chance of missing a turn.
Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT vs 2557LMT
|Garmin Nuvi 2555LMT||Garmin Nuvi 2557LMT|
|Key features||- Lifetime map and traffic updates (the vehicle power cable is also the 3D traffic receiver)
- Speed limit indicator - unit displays speed limits for most major roads,Card Reader: microSD
- Lane assist with photoReal junction views,Display resolution: 480 x 272 pixels
- Park position recall - find your car where you left it,Battery Run Time up to 2.5 hour(s)
- Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Bahamas)||- Easy-to-use, dual orientation, touchscreen interface
- Garmin Real Directions with Garmin Real Voice guide using recognizable buildings and landmarks
- PhotoReal and Bird's Eye junction views offer detailed images of junctions along your route, to ease the stress of merging on or off a roadway
- Up Ahead displays nearby services info -including restaurants, stores, hospitals and fuel -alongside your map and updates as you drive your route
- Sleek mount attaches from behind, for less distraction|
|Customer Rating||4.1 out of 5 stars||4.1 out of 5 stars|
|Best Offer||save 34%
please click here||save 17%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The decision to buy 2555LMT or 2557LMT is depended on your budget and set of features that you need. The latest model is a great upgrade that offers more features for better navigation. Garmin Real Directions is its strongest feature and I definitely recommend the 2557LMT over the 2555LMT. The 2557LMT is priced higher than the 2555LMT but the additional features are worth the cost.