Garmin has designed a series of watches that put technology in the palm of your hand, or rather your wrist. Both the 610 and the 620 Forerunner models make it easy to track and plan your workouts. These watches also make it less of a hassle to monitor the health of your body. They are capable of tracking weight, body fat and the amount of water in the body. These watches really make fitness for the average user more enjoyable and less stressful.
The Garmin Forerunner 610 model makes it easy to go for a run and relax while it does all the work of tracking your progress, statistics and even your starting point of the run. The GPS inside of the watch makes it possible to track your training data and keep your past runs in the history. The history function on this model can hold memory up to 1000 laps (read also : Garmin Forerunner 210 vs 610).
The Garmin Forerunner 620 series is comparable to the 610 series, but with just a few upgrades to make the system even more enjoyable and easy to use. The difference between the 610 and the 620 model that is the most noticeable is the color screen on the 620 model. Although they both have a touch screen, the 620’s full color screen makes it brighter and more vibrant a display. The 620 also has a higher screen resolution, making each element on the screen more crisp and easier to read. Both systems have an automatic sync function that lets you update your workout data to your computer for easy monitoring.
Although both watches have the automatic sync function that helps you keep track of your progress, the 620 series has a larger history of 200 hours of activity data. The weight of the 620 series is 1.50 oz while the 610 is 2.54 oz, so it is about half the weight of its predecessor.
All in all, the 620 series is an upgraded version of the 610 series. It has several added functions that the 610 is not capable of having, as well as the vibrant screen making it easier to read and monitor your heart rate and progress.
Garmin Forerunner 610 Vs 620
|Garmin Forerunner 610||Garmin Forerunner 620|
|Key features||- Weather-resistant, GPS-enabled training watch supports customizable data screens and advanced training plans
- Touchscreen interface for quickly and easily toggling data fields, adjusting settings, reviewing run history, and more
- Virtual Partner and Virtual Racer help you plan workouts and reach goals; Training Effect measures impact on aerobic fitness
- Customizable vibration alerts for time, distance, calories, heart rate, or cadence; heart rate zone training with included monitor
- USB stick for wireless uploading of run data to Garmin Connect--map your activity, view lap splits, and explore activities from other users||- Advanced GPS running watch with a high-resolution color display and comfortable, lightweight design
- Built-in accelerometer tracks distance and pace when indoors
- Connected features2 include automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and social media sharing so you can promote your achievements to your friends
- When paired with a heart rate monitor, Forerunner 620 can help gauge your fitness level through advanced features like recovery advisor, race predictor and VO2 max estimate
- When paired with the HRM-Run monitor1, the Forerunner 620 provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time.|
|Customer Rating||3.7 out of 5.0 stars||3.8 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save 34%
please click here||save money
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Forerunner 620 series is the better choice of the two watches. It has a better water resistant rating as well as a personal records function that helps you set goals and keep track of how well you are doing.