With the digital technology now defining our lifestyle and methods, it will be much easier and more convenient if we can also draw directly into a digital display to create a digital drawing. Artists and designers will benefit the most from such device, but beginners will also find a cost-efficient way of learning (as they won’t have to spend so much money for paints and papers). Wacom has introduced two 13.3” models into the market, which are Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 13HD Touch. The ‘touch’ version is more expensive compared to the ‘non-touch’ version. So, what is exactly the difference between Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 13HD Touch? Find the answer below.
Both models are very compact and lightweight. The comfortable design will allow you to take them anywhere easily. They each have an integrated three-position display stand which is very handy and useful, allowing you to be flexible with your body position as you work. Each of the two models is armed with a premium 13.3” HD display with 1920 x 1080 resolution and wide viewing angle, meaning that you can easily see the display even though you are not facing it straightly. Putting the two models side by side, you can hardly tell a difference between them just by seeing the looks. The display is placed a little bit to the right so that there can be enough space for the control panel on the left side. There are just four function buttons and a circular set of navigation buttons on each. The buttons are all customizable, allowing you to set-up easy shortcut access to the functions and features that you use most often. Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 13HD Touch can be connected to PC or Mac using the 3-in-1 cable.
The difference between Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 13HD Touch is the input methods. Both models work with the Wacom Pro Pen as the input device, which is tilt-sensitive and pressure-sensitive to 2048 levels, allowing the device to act as pencils, markers, as well as traditional brushes. This is the only input method on Cintiq 13HD. It won’t recognize fingers on its display. On the other hand, Cintiq 13HD Touch supports the multi-touch functionality. You can use your fingers directly on the screen. The model also recognizes smart gestures for commands.
Cintiq 13HD Vs 13HD Touch
|Cintiq 13HD||Cintiq 13HD Touch|
|Key features||- Enjoy the natural creative experience of working directly on screen
- Pressure (2048 levels) and tilt sensitive Wacom Pro Pen performs like traditional brushes, pencils and markers
- Premium, 13.3", HD Display (1920 X 1080) with wide viewing angle,get a HDMI to Mini Display Port adapter to connect the DTK1300 to a Macbook Pro
- 3-Position display stand (included)
- Comfortable, compact, lightweight design
- Simple set-up to PC or Mac with 3-in-1 cable
- Easy shortcut access with our four time-saving, customizable ExpressKeys, Rocker ring||- Enjoy the natural creative experience of working directly on screen
- Use the multi-touch functionality in applications such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC, Corel Painter and Autodesk Sketchbook to quickly position and navigate your work with natural, intuitive gestures right on the screen
- Pressure (2048 levels) and tilt sensitive Wacom Pro Pen performs like traditional brushes, pencils and markers.
- Premium, 13.3", HD Display (1920 X 1080) with wide viewing angle
- 3-Position display stand (included)|
|Customer Rating||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||4.3 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Cintiq 13HD and Cintiq 13HD Touch are identical except for the input methods. If you don’t need the multi-touch functionality, Cintiq 13HD is the way to go. However, if your works require the multi-touch functionality, then you should go with Cintiq 13HD Touch.