When we talk about headphones, Sony is indeed a name that would easily come up to mind. The company has been there for a very long time, making excellent products and establishing their brand. Now, for the perfect studio headphones, then there are two products that would suit your needs: Sony MDR 7506 and Sony MDR V6. Certainly, MDR 7506 got the #1 Best Seller title on Amazon for a reason. Its contender, MDR V6, also has a great rating in similar price range, so we will compare Sony MDR 7506 vs. MDR V6 to see which one offers the better value.
One important aspect when choosing studio headphones is their frequency response. We want to hear the sound as detailed as possible from every frequency. For this, MDR V6 comes with a wider frequency response of 5 Hz – 30 kHz. Meanwhile, MDR 7506’s frequency response is 10 Hz – 20 kHz. Both of them use neodymium magnets to produce high-quality sounds and can be folded for easy storage. Probably what makes Sony MDR 7506’s major advantage is its 9.8-feet cord that ends in gold-plated plug. However, MDR V6 has a slightly longer cable, featuring 10-feet oxygen-free copper cord, allowing better movements with your headphones attached. Still, MDR 7506 is lighter too, with 8 ounces of weight compared to MDR V6’s 10.6 ounces.
Sony MDR 7506 Vs Sony MDR V6
|Sony MDR 7506||Sony MDR V6|
|Key features||- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed-ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 9.8-foot cord ends in gold-plated plug; 1/4-inch adapter included
- Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20 kHz
- 9.8-foot coiled cord and it is not deatachable||- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Over-ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 10-foot oxygen free copper cord ends in 3.5mm plug; 1/4-inch adapter included
- Copper-clad aluminum voice coil wire for improved power handling
- Wide frequency response of 5 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Customer Rating||4.6 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save money
please click here||save 41%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Sony MDR 7506 and Sony MDR V6 are both great products that have their own advantages and disadvantages, but the winner of Sony MDR 7506 vs. Sony MDR V6 goes to the latter one. MDR V6 provides more practical usage with its wider frequency response and longer cord.