Samsung has recently introduced its recent product which is 850 Pro, after the Evo series. The basic question here is what SSD is. So, SSD is basically solid state drive that is used for the data storage. This is a new and more useful technology than the Hard Disk drives. Samsung is leading in market of SSD. Just before this SSD they had launched the 850 Evo SSD. Both these SSD introduced by the Samsung are up to the mark in their approach and have equally great features. Here we will look into Samsung 850 evo vs 850 pro, and figure out which one is better.
What is the basic technology of Samsung?
The SSD introduced by the Samsung, work on the new 3D V NAND gate technology. This is one of the best features of the SSD from Samsung. In this the transistors are placed one over the other in vertical directions which makes it easy for it to accommodate in the lesser space. They are not spread on the sheet rather they are put on one another in Z direction which consumes lesser space and provide easier operations.
What are the features for 850 PRO and 850 EVO?
The basic difference between the Pro and Evo is that of memory and speed of read and write functions. The Samsung 850 pro has the 250 GB of memory and Evo has 120 GB of memory. The sequential read is faster in Pro 550mb/sec as compared to evo which is 520mb/sec. It also exceeds in the power saving, because it consumes less power than 850 evo. Both use the same technology of 3D V NAND, SATA III Internal SSD. 850 Evo is excellent for gaming purpose and any mainstream work, whereas the 850 pro is best for high end works, multimedia producing systems etc.
Samsung 850 EVO Vs 850 PRO
|Samsung 850 EVO||Samsung 850 PRO|
|Key features||- Optimized performance for everyday computing needs
- Sequential read speed 550 MB/s; Sequential write speed 520 MB/s; Random read speed 100K; Random write speed 90K
- Energy efficient - improves battery life by up to 50 minutes vs. hard disk drives
- Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit, TCG/Opal v.2 and Microsoft eDrive full-disk encryption
- Backed by a five-year limited warranty
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch||- Features sequential read and write performance up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s) and 520MB/s respectively
- Energy efficient - Features Device Sleep mode for Ultranotebooks and improves battery life by up to 45 minutes vs. standard hard drives
- Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit encryption, Microsoft Bitlocker and TCG / Opal 2.0 support
- 5th-generation 3-Core Samsung MEX Controller ensures sustained performance under the most punishing conditions
- Backed by an industry-leading 10-year limited warranty and 150TBW rating|
|Customer Rating||4.8 out of 5.0 stars||4.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save 29%
please click here||save 11%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
We can conclude by our Samsung 850 evo vs 850 pro comparisons that in any case the Samsung 850 Pro stands above the 850 Evo because of its speed and storage. It is one that you must prefer if you need to upgrade your systems.