When it comes streaming of videos Roku is the preferred model of choice by most users. Online reviews show that when comparing between different TVs, set-top streaming boxes and video game consoles, Roku has an edge with its features offering more content from services like Netflix and Hulu plus. Roku models have been shown to be cheaper as compared to other models. The debate now is Roku LT vs Roku 3.
There are features that the two models have in common. They both offer access to Roku channels, both have the ability to play up to 720p videos, they have wireless capabilities and users are offered one-stop search system for easy use. Not to forget the capability for iOS and Android app system. Additional features possessed by the Roku 3 include: motion control for games, a wired Ethernet port, USB port, Dual- band wireless, remote with headphone jack, will play 1080p video, the remote is capable of instant replay option.
The later model, Roku 3 clearly is an improvement of the Roku LT. It has more processing power and better Wi-Fi connection. The dual band wireless offers better connectivity and reception of wireless signals as compared to the Roku 3. Playing games and listening to music on the Roku 3 has been enhanced by the remote with the headphone jack. The Roku LT is still on the market and has its benefits too. It is cheaper as compared to the Roku 3, though with less features. It has advanced features among them ability to play 720p video which is very high def not offered by other manufacturers.
Roku LT vs Roku 3
|Roku LT||Roku 3|
|Key features||- 1,000+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, and more.
- HD video quality. Streams up to 720p in high-definition.
- No hidden fees. Enjoy all the free stuff, like Pandora and Crackle, and access your own subscriptions, like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- Quick and easy setup. Sets up wirelessly in minutes with just a few simple steps.
- Channel shortcut buttons. Jump straight to favorites with one push of the remote.||- Faster and more powerful. With up to 1080p HD video* and extended-range, dual-band wireless performance for increased speed
- Amazing remote with headphone jack. Use the included in-ear headphones to crank up that late-night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep
- One-stop search. Find your favorite movies and TV shows all from one place from top TV and Movie services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu Plus
- 1000+ channels and growing. The best selection of streaming out there. Everything from Netflix to Hulu Plus to HBO GO to Major League Baseball
- Free iOS and Android device app. Use it like a remote. Browse and add new channels. Even stream your music and photos from your phone or tablet to your HDTV|
|Customer Rating||4.4 out of 5 stars||4.3 out of 5 stars|
|Best Offer||save money
please click here||save 2%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
So as you decide on which model to purchase, you will have to choose on which to compromise on the price or the features offered. The Roku 3 has an upper hand on the features but the Roku LT is more affordable. Reviews on both models are positive. As for this writer, it is a draw between the two models.