Television might be one of the most common electronic gadgets that you could find on the market these days. This device might allow you to watch several channels and get entertainments and news instantly. However, standard television might have quite limited channels. If you want to get more channels and features on your television, you might need to use television box, an additional device that allows you to use internet streaming to get more channels on your television. Read also : Amazon Fire TV Vs Roku 3.
There are various choices of television box that are available on the market these days. Two of the most popular television boxes that you might find these days are Roku 3 and WD TV Live. Both of these devices have quite similar functions. However, there are slight differences that you might find between them. From the design, Roku 3 appears smaller than WD TV Live. Roku 3 is also lighter than WD TV Live as well. The design of Roku 3 looks more stylish and sophisticated while the design of WD TV Live looks more elegant and classy. One of the best things about Roku 3 is its innovative remote control.
Roku 3 came with three options of connectivity, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet. On the other hand, WD TV only came with two options instead, Ethernet and Wi-Fi. The video resolution that is produced by both devices is similar while the audio output came with a little bit difference. Roku 3 came with digital audio output while WD TV came with stereo audio output. Other difference that came in roku 3 vs wd tv live is that Roku 3 provides microSD slot while there is no memory card slot on WD TV Live.
Roku 3 Vs WD TV Live
|Roku 3||WD TV Live|
|Key features||- Faster and more powerful. With up to 1080p HD video* and extended-range, dual-band wireless performance for increased speed
- Amazing remote with headphone jack. Use the included in-ear headphones to crank up that late-night flick while the kids (or parents) sleep
- One-stop search. Find your favorite movies and TV shows all from one place from top TV and Movie services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu Plus.1500+ channels and growing. The best selection of streaming out there.
- Free iOS and Android device app. Use it like a remote. Browse and add new channels. Even stream your music and photos from your phone or tablet to your HDTV||- Enjoy Internet entertainment on your TV
- Play your personal media collection
- Built-in Wi-Fi and intuitive interface
- High-performance, streaming-ready WiFi
- Bring the arcade to your HDTV
- Video Formats supported: AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1),TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1) MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, FLV (h.264)
- Audio Formats Supported: MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS
- Image formats Supported: JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG|
|Customer Rating||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||3.7 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||save 15%
please click here||save 36%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Based on the specifications and the features, Roku 3 could be a better choice than WD TV Live. Roku3 might offer better design of the device and allows you to get more channels than WD TV. However, the price of Roku 3 is quite higher than WD TV Live. So if you want to buy Roku 3, you might need to provide more budgets for this device.