This article will discuss the Garmin Nuvi 52LM Vs 50LM. Many people get confused about these GPS navigation devices because they are so similar. This guide will help you make an informed decision and highlight the differences and ultimately tell you which one is the best one to buy.
The Garmin Nuvi 52LM is essentially a slightly upgraded and newer version of the 50LM. The 50LM was released in 2012, and the 52LM in 2013. Both are part of the essentials range, which is actually a budget range from Garmin. Both the 52LM and 50LM feature the same bright and crisp 5″ LCD screen which is larger than many of the other budget 4.3″ models available on the market at the moment. Both come with all the standard accessories including the car holder, car charger and stylus. The design has changed slightly on the 52LM and it does look slightly more modern. Both the 52LM and 50LM are a shade over 6 ounces in weight which makes them very portable. Both GPS devices are also around the same size which means they can be put into a bag or pocket if needed. Read also : Garmin Nuvi 40LM vs 50LM.
The biggest difference between the two is that if you buy the Nuvi 52LM then you get free lifetime map updates which are actually quite valuable. You would not normally get these with the 50LM and it’s worth spending that bit extra to get. The maps appear to be updated 4 times a year which might not be particularly often, but at least it should mean you will always be able to navigate your way around new roads.
Garmin Nuvi 52LM Vs 50LM
|Garmin Nuvi 52LM||Garmin Nuvi 50LM|
|Key features||- Easy-to-use, touchscreen interface with a 5" diagonal color display
- Lane assist with junction view displays junctions and interchanges with colored arrows that indicate the proper lane needed for your next turn or exit
- Voice prompted turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names: Turn right on Main Street
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount for easy adjustment and quick release||- 5-inch LCD display,Memory Card Supported: microSD Card
- Free lifetime maps with over 6 million points of interest; Hear spoken street names
- Speed limit indicator
- USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows XP or newer and Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more,Lane assist with junction view|
|Customer Rating||4.3 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Best Offer||save 33%
please click here||save 37%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
So which one is better? Well both are very similar and both are available for around the same amount of money. While the 52LM is around $20 more expensive at the moment, it is the best choice. This is because it comes with the lifetime map updates so you never need to pay for an updated map ever again.