When it comes to radar detection, one needs to have an almost accurate results. Having an accurate radar detector means you will avoid problems with the law enforcement and at the same time will avoid false alarms and achieve a good ride. There are various radar detectors in the market that give about the same results but may exhibit differences in detection quality and accuracy. We will compare Escort Redline and 9500ix radar detectors.
There are various factors to consider in purchasing a radar detector. The first is the terrain of the location you are likely to drive in. Radar detection signal is affected by the landscape thus a major factor to consider. Another property to consider is the GPS capability of the radar and web connectivity. This for instance helps in reducing the amount of false detection. One has to consider the range over which they detect the laser to. Some more features to look at on a radar detector are Instant-On detection, Laser Detection, Voice Alerts, system warning safety, False alert Filter, speed alert and auto learn among others.
They both seem to have long ranges for Instant-On detection though the 9500ix is longer. The Redline also has a superior off axis detection due to its dual antennas. When it comes to false alert detection, 9500ix becomes the winner being more quieter of the two courtesy of good false alarm filters. The Redline tries to reduce false detection by processing the incoming signals. The Redline however has one major demerit being, it is unable to display your current speed. Subscription service in the use of 9500ix database seem to scare people away.
Escort Redline Vs 9500ix
|Escort RedLine||Escort Passport 9500ix|
|Key features||- High-performance radar/laser detector with ultra-bright 280-LED alphanumeric display
- Detection and separate alerts for Full X, K, SuperWide Ka, and Safety Warning System radar capability
- Dual Antennae Design maximizes performance by band, giving you the longest warning time possible
- AutoMode intelligently reduces false alarms; TotalShield technology makes the RedLine completely invisible to radar detector detectors
- One-year limited warranty
- AutoMode intelligently reduces false alarms; Total Shield technology makes the RedLine completely invisible to radar detector detectors||- Crystal-clear voice alerts and high resolution display
- Variable speed radar performance
- AutoLearn intelligence and user-selectable preferences
- Safety warning system and brightness controls
- Comes fully equiped with a Comprehensive owner's manual, quick-release windshield mount, coiled SmartCord, quick reference card|
|Customer Rating||4.1 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars|
|Best Offer||save money
please click here||save 12%
please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Considering the features and performance levels, the Escort 9500ix seem to have an edge over the Redline. It provides good protection against many threats and one can customize the settings to suite your taste and preference.