Smart thermostats are becoming quite a thing lately. With the advancement of technology, people are now making their homes smarter in order to build a more healthy and convenient lifestyle. Smart thermostats are especially home appliances that can save you quite a lot of energy and, in turn, money. Among many products available on the market, Ecobee3 and Nest are the most popular models. The Nest has recently launched its 3rd Generation model. So, which one is better? Ecobee3 or Nest 3? Here, we will compare the two in order to see which one is best for your home! (See also: Ecobee3 Vs Smart Si)
Even from the designs, the two products are already very different from each other. Ecobee3 is quite bulkier than Nest, and it also features a wider display screen. The 3.5” display screen is actually a touchscreen for easy control. In addition, it is built with open API for maximum compatibility with various platforms. It is compatible with Apple and Android devices, as it can work with various mobile apps such as Apple Homekit, Amazon Echo and Alexa, Wink, and SmartThings. This is very convenient if you already have other smart appliances that work with one of the apps, as you won’t need to install another software. On the other hand, Nest 3 comes with a particular mobile app that is available for iOS and Android for remote control via your mobile device, but Nest 3 can also work with Alexa.
Ecobee3 utilizes external sensors. You can place the external sensors in several places in your home. It is also rich in features, as it not only can detect and learn your lifestyle, but it can also literally communicate with you by providing alerts and reminders. It can also provide 4-day weather forecast and up to 15 months of historical system information. Meanwhile, Nest 3 works with internal sensors. Nest 3 only acts as a tool for you for controlling your home without smart alerts and notifications, and with only up to 10 days of historical system information. Many features of the two products are similar, including AC overcool control to dehumidify, but only Ecobee3 that features ventilator control as well.
As Ecobee3 is able to control more things, we can trust that it can save more energy than Nest 3. Ecobee3 is claimed to be able to save up to 23% energy while Nest 3 is claimed to be able to save up to 20% energy. However, Ecobee3 has no battery. It must be ported to a power outlet. Meanwhile, Nest 3 can be powered directly from a power outlet, but the device also has an internal battery.
Ecobee3 Vs Nest 3
|Key features||- Smart, really smart - intuitively understands when to turn on your heating or cooling equipment based on your home's unique energy profile, the weather outside, and thousands of other data points to make sure you're comfortable at all times
- Knows you have a life - senses whether anyone's home and which rooms are occupied, delivering comfort when you're at home and saving you energy and money when you're not
- Lowers your energy bills - ecobee saves homeowners an average of 23% annually, paying for itself in energy savings
- Homekit-enabled Ecobee3 - the world's first homekit-enabled smart thermostat - is an evolution of our previous Ecobee3 smarter wi-fi thermostat.||- Works with Alexa for voice control,Languages:English,French,Spanish,Dutch
- Screen:24-bit color LCD,480 x 480 resolution at 229 pixel per inch (PPI),2.08 in (5.3 cm) diameter
- Compatibility:The Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal,Heating: 1,2, and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3),Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)Heat pump: with auxiliary and emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E),Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM),Fan (G),Power (C, RH, RC)
- Wireless:Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4GHz, 5GHz,802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz,Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)|
|Customer Rating||4.5 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The two products are being priced almost similarly, but Ecobee3 is packed with a wider functionality. Coming with more features, Ecobee3 can be more convenient to use. Therefore, Ecobee3 makes the best choice here!