Selecting an embroidery machine can seem overwhelming considering the vast number of options available. It is therefore important to ensure that the model you choose provides sufficient functionality to enable you to accomplish your individual embroidery goals. Two such machines that are renowned for the wide variety of user-friendly features they offer are both produced by Brother and it is these machines that are compared below, namelythe Brother pe500 vs se400.
Variety is the spice of life…and embroidery! Both models come with an impressive 70 pre- loaded designs. Furthermore, they both enable the user to download additional designs if there are no suitable options from the built-in selection. Although such choice is considered a positive aspect, it should be noted that some users have highlighted the tedious nature of selecting both designs and stitches using the se400, as only 6 options per page are displayed, resulting in 12 pages to go through. With regards to needle-threading, tackling this part of the process manually can be quite tricky. Fortunately, both models offer automatic needle-threading, requiring the user to simply press a button to pass the thread through the needle eye! Not only is this a convenient feature, it also frees up precious time for you to devote solely to your embroidery without the need to fiddle for long periods.
In terms of the display, both models come with an LED touch-screen which is a very handycomponent that can drastically reduce the time needed for routine tasks. However, in this respect, while selecting designs can be tedious with the se400, it is still a clear winner, as tutorials can be viewed on the screen directly, allowing you to advance your embroidery skills without even having to move from your machine!
Brother PE500 Vs SE400
|Brother PE500||Brother SE400|
|Key features||- 4-inch by 4-inch embroidery area- use the spacious area to allow your creativity to run free
- Computer connectivity, use the included cable to import designs
- Wide range of accessories, including embroidery starter kit
- The pe-500 comes with a full line of accessories and is practically ready to embroider right out of the box
- Embellish your creations with embroidery! Easy to learn and use embroidery-only model from Brother, with 4x4 embroidery area
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 70 built-in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts||- Sew, quilt, embroider. If you can imagine it, you can create it! Enjoy comprehensive sewing functions, plus 4-inch-by-4-inch embroidery capabilities
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 67 unique sewing stitches and 70 built- in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts
- One-touch automatic thread cutter cuts your top and bobbin thread with ease
- Bilingual user manual, 25-year limited warranty, and free phone support for the life of the product|
|Customer Rating||4.3 out of 5.0 stars||4.6 out of 5.0 stars|
|Best Offer||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Any price, ratings, availability and save money information displayed on Amazon Site at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
So, Brother pe500 vs se400 – which one is victorious? Well, while both machines can offer both beginner and veteran embroidery enthusiasts a large array of similar capabilities, it is generally agreed by users that the se400 is a more robust model and provides greater value for money, although the pe500 would still be a great starting point for less experienced users. The key consideration is that whichever machine you go for is one that meets your requirements and is easy for you to use. After all, embroidery is meant to be enjoyable so make sure your machine is working for you – not the other way around!